(For Ages 21 & Up)
SEASONAL SUPPER. In his day job as an archaeologist, Michael Thomas, the co-owner of Wrath, conducts excavations of a Roman villa outside Pompei and of an Etruscan settlement at the northern edge of Tuscany. Spending so much time in these regions has given him a deep appreciation of both the food and wine enjoyed in the past and the simple, delicious fare created throughout Italy today. In fact, the winery has now planted a classic Italian varietal, Falanghina, which will be aged in the modern version of an amphorea to complete the connection between Michael's work in Italy and California.
Texas wine lovers will recall that Dr. Mark Lemmon founded the San Saba vineyard and winery in coastal California in 1975. Since 2007, Michael has owned the operation with his mother, Barbara; he renamed it Wrath to reflect his vision for the vineyard and wines. Michael's training as an art curator and historian has led him to focus on wines that express a 'sense of place' and pure varietal flavors.
Enjoy a casual evening in our Cooking School as the Managing Director of Wrath discusses the grapes, how they are grown and the inspiration behind these incredible wines. Our Cooking School Staff shows you how to make Michael's recipes for:
- Fried Squash Blossoms paired with 2013 Wrath Ex Anima Chardonnay;
- Crostini Toscani paired with 2012 Ex Anima Pinot Noir;
- Baby Back Ribs Mugello-style & Roasted Potatoes paired with 2011 Wrath Doctor’s Vineyard Syrah; and
- A Selection of Tuscan Cheeses with Crostini & Fig Preserves paired with 2011 Wrath Doctor’s Vineyard Syrah
INSTRUCTOR: Claire Marlin, Managing Director, Wrath
-Wrath Pinot Noirs: “One of Three California Vineyards to Watch,” Wine Spectator, Dec. 2012 Central Coast Syrahs:
-“Wrath’s three reds (sic: Syrahs) stood out for consistency of style and depth of flavor,” Wine Spectator, Nov.2013
- Wrath Syrahs deemed “significant” for the Central Coast area, Wine Enthusiast , Jan. 2013
- Wrath was invited to participate in a James Beard Foundation Dinner in Washington, DC, May 2013